Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wanted

The greatest disease in the West today is not TB or leprosy; it is being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for. We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair, and hopelessness is love. There are many in the world dying for a piece of bread but there are many more dying for love. The poverty in the West is a different kind of poverty--it is not only a poverty of loneliness but also of spirituality. There's a hunger for love, and there's a hunger for God.
~Mother Teresa

My prayer today is that every person will know that they are loved. I know so many times in my own life I feel in the way and that no one cares or has time for me. But there is one who longs for you! And who desires you presence so much. He sits everyday waiting for you to come and be with Him, expecting nothing. How beautiful is that.

Here is a beautiful prayer that I found in a book called "The God who won't let go"

I marvel at Your desire for my company. I stand in awe that Your love finds and chooses me, for I had given up all hope of ever being addressed so lovingly by anyone. And now, you choose me and tell me that I make a difference to you! Utterly amazed, I experience myself differently because of You choice. I learn to appreciate myslef in a new way. I see my worth and my contribution when I look at myself with Your eyes. How can I begin to thank you?

1 comment:

  1. What a thoughtful thought!! So many times I forget that I am loved by the one true God- greater than anyone here on earth. I feel sometimes that nobody has time for me and I get pushed aside, but that never ever happens with God. He always paying attention to us and does what is best for us. Thank you for this post. I needed it today!!

    ReplyDelete